We respect your personal privacy and want you to be familiar with how we collect, disclose, and otherwise use ("Process") your information. This Information Collection Statement describes our practices in connection with the information we collect through this Website. Please read the following to learn more about our privacy practices.
Definition of Personal Information
For purposes of this Information Collection Statement, "Personal Information" means any information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual.
What We Collect
The User Created Content that you voluntarily provide to us or post to the Website or use to access the Website, which may include personal information, career or job search related information and documentation.
- Account authentication and profile data (e.g., Google, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Data from third-party services linked by user (e.g., Google, LinkedIn data)
- Information from sessions with a Career Network human advisor, coach, or team member
- Information shared with Career Network team member
- Output provided by Career Network team member (e.g., recommended actions)
- Support inquiries (e.g., technical, career-related), feedback and other communications
- Site-generated data, including recommendations provided to you
- Interactions with the Website and related metadata
- Information about the devices you use to access the site
- Website analytics data
This User Created Content will be used solely for the purposes of providing you the stated service on the Website, enabling us to monitor and improve the Website, and reporting aggregate data about use of the Website.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure; thus, we cannot ensure the security of all information you provide to us via our services.
Under no circumstances, shall any User Created Information, with the exception of that which is publicly posted and visible to all, be sold, rented, given or provided to any third-party.
- Cookies: Our services may use "cookies" and similar technologies (collectively, "Cookies"). Cookies are small text files that this website sends to your computer for record-keeping purposes and this information is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies make web surfing and browsing easier for you by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next visit to our website.
- One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login every time.
- Cookies are also used for statistical purposes, to determine how the website is used.
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this website.
- The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie, about your use of this website, is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your website account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your public profile, or your friends' public profiles.
- Other Non-Personal Information: In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to provide to us on our services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies, now and hereafter devised, that automatically collect certain website usage information whenever you visit or interact with our services. This information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, the source of the request, the preceding page view, and other similar information. We may use this usage information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve our services. In addition, we may also collect your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet, as applicable (collectively, referred to herein as a "Device Identifier"). A device identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device, and we may identify your device by its device identifier. When analyzed, usage information helps us determine how our services are used, such as what types of visitors arrive at the services, what type of content is most popular, what type of content you may find most relevant and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising. We may associate your device identifier or website usage information with the personal information you provide, but we will treat the combined information as personal information.
We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand our user’s needs and trends and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you. We may provide our analysis and certain non-personal information to third parties, who may in turn use this information to provide additional services tailored to your needs, but this will not involve disclosing any of your personally identifiable information.
Because aggregated or anonymized information does not constitute personal information, we may use it for any purpose. If we combine anonymized or aggregated data with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information according to this Privacy Notice.
- Our business transactions with you, including, but not limited to:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the services
- To complete and fulfill any requests for services
- For our legitimate interests, including, but not limited to:
- To personalize your experience with our services
- To carry out data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, internal quality assurance, developing new services, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, auditing use and functionality of our services and/or helping enforce compliance with our Legal Statement and Disclaimers.
- In accordance with any consent you may have provided. In some cases, you have the right to decline to provide your consent and, if consent is provided, to withdraw your consent at any time.
- As necessary or appropriate for legal reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Under applicable law
- To comply with legal process
- To respond to requests from other public and government authorities, including those outside your State or country of residence
When We Disclose Your Information
- Among New Jersey Agencies and Departments, and Rutgers University: To better provide you with services and provide a consistent user experience, we may, according to any applicable laws or rules, share your information between New Jersey Agencies and Departments, and Rutgers University.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may disclose your information to vendors and service providers we retain in connection with our services such as: financial services companies, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery, credit card processing, legal advisers, accountants or auditing.
- Message Boards: We may make reviews, message boards, blogs, and other such user-generated content facilities available to users. Any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information. We are not responsible for privacy practices of other users, including website operators to whom you provide information.
- Disclosure Permitted by Law: We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities, other government or public agencies or officials, regulators, and/or to any other person or entity having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, in order to respond to claims, or to protect our rights, interests, privacy, property or safety, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
Other Important Information
- Applications and Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure of policies and practices, including the data security, of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the apps or our social media pages.
- International Transfers: The users of our services may come from all over the world. Therefore, we may, subject to applicable law, transfer your information, outside the country where you are located and where information protection standards may differ, e.g., your information may be stored on servers located in other states, or even countries. We will utilize appropriate safeguards governing the transfer and usage of your personal information. If you would like further detail on the safeguards we have in place you can contact us directly as set forth in "How Can You Contact Us" below.