TERMS OF CONDITIONS AND USE
Welcome! Thank you for visiting the New Jersey Career Network website ("Website"), a project of the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development. ("our", "we", "us").
By proceeding beyond the Website home page or viewing or posting content to the Website, you indicate your consent to, agreement with, and understanding of these terms. Please note that this policy is subject to change without notice, and that it reflects our current business practices. By continuing to access and use the site, you indicate your consent to, agreement with, and understanding of such modifications, changes or alterations. Please review these terms regularly, as they may be modified from time to time without notice to you.
During the pilot, usage of the Website is restricted to residents of the United States. By proceeding, you certify that you are currently located in and reside in the United States. If this status changes during the pilot period, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section A. Information Disclaimer
We make great effort to provide secure, accurate and complete information on this Website. Any errors or omissions should be reported to us at email@example.com for review.
We shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy or timeliness of any such information, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of those materials.
The materials and information provided on this website are provided "as is." No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this web site or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.
We disclaim any duty or obligation to either maintain availability of or to update the information contained on this Website.
Section B. Links to Other Sites
This Website provides links to other websites as a convenience to you. These include links to websites operated by third-party government agencies, nonprofit organizations, universities, and private businesses. When you use one of these links, you are no longer on this site, and this Information Collection Statement does not apply. When you link to another website, you are subject to the privacy notice and information collection practices of that site. Any visitor who proceeds to those external sites and relies on any information obtained from them does so at his or her own risk and assumes any and all liability from damages which may result from accessing a third-party site linked to this Website.
We exercise no control over the third-party organization's views, accuracy, copyright or trademark compliance, or the legality of the material contained on those websites, and do not sponsor, endorse, or approve the information, content, products, materials, opinions or services contained on such external sites.
Furthermore, when you follow a link to another website, portions of their information may be incorrect or out-of-date. We do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published by external sites.
Section C. Endorsement Disclaimer
Reference in this web site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by us.
Section D. Intrusion Detection
This Website may be subject to monitoring to assure proper functioning of the systems, to provide security for the computer system's operation and information contained therein, to prevent unauthorized use, and to deter and investigate violations of law. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of this Website.
Section E. Intellectual Property Licenses
- We have made the original content ("Content") of these pages available to the public. Unless otherwise stated on other content or information to which a restriction on free use may apply, Content is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution License, which provides for a worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce and share the Content in whole or in part
- Unless otherwise stated, the software code for this website is made available under the MIT License. Original software code can be found at: https://github.com/newjersey. Third party content, libraries, services and materials retain their original licenses. Making a copy of such material may be subject to copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws.
- Neither our name nor the names of other copyright holders may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this Content or software without specific prior written permission.
Section F. Your Conduct
You may submit content (collectively, "User Created Content") to the Website, provided that you abide by these common sense rules.
- Violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via these Terms;
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise objectionable as solely determined by us;
- Be considerate of others’ privacy; do not reference another person without their permission;
- Harass another;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or agency relationship with a person or entity;
- Transmit any material (by any means) that:
- You do not have a right to make available under any law;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Contains malware, viruses, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, mobile devices, or telecommunications equipment;
- Transmit (by any means) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation;
- Post any third-party links.
Section G. DMCA Notice
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask users of our Website to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, if you believe your copyright has been infringed please email us at: HCWD@ejb.rutgers.edu.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Rackspace to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Rackspace to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Section H – Correcting Your Information
- Correcting your Information: We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we retain about you. It is your responsibility to ensure you submit true, accurate, and complete information to us, and that you update us in a timely manner if your information changes. You may request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held by us or on our behalf is corrected, by contacting us as set forth under "How Can You Contact Us?" below.
- Transferring your Information: Under certain circumstances, you may receive your personal information in a format that allows you to send it somewhere else, or to direct us to transfer it directly somewhere else. This site uses the industry standard encryption software Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to enable secure transmission of data. The URL in your browser will change to "HTTPS" instead of "HTTP" when this security feature is used. Your browser may also display a "padlock" or "key" symbol on its task bar to indicate a secure transmission. If these indicators are not present, information may be susceptible to interception by other parties. Most internet email communication is not considered secure. If you are communicating sensitive information, please consider sending it by other means.